Top 10 reasons I want to live as a servant or as Lady Darcy at Downton Abbey:
10. Uniforms. No more worry about what to wear each day.
9. Someone could make tea for me. I would definitely drink more tea if I just had someone to make it for me.
8. As a servant, I wouldn’t be expected to be married. So my status as a singleton wouldn’t feel like such a disappointment.
7. No guilt about lounging around all day.
6. At Downton Abbey, my employer would actually appreciate me. I’d receive a real Christmas gift and there’d even be a dance held for me. And if I needed eye surgery, my employer would take care of it for me. My current employer just threatens to cut my pay every year. And there’s no Christmas gift.
5. I could have someone do my hair every day. EVERY DAY!!!
4. Cool things would happen at my job…like getting to drag a dead body the length of the hall.
3. I’d get to hear British Isles accents all day long.
2. There’s a piano, so I could still be musical. And even as a servant, all my meals would be made for me.
1. I could marry my hot, hot cousin Matthew. Because after all, a hot cousin is much better than anything that’s been presented to me in real life.
(join the blog hop!)